Monday, July 15, 2013

Jacob predicts the end of night wakings


Jacob: Guess what? It’s the end of cuddling in the middle of the night.

Me: Is that what you decided or what Daddy decided?

Jacob: What I decided.

Me: Why?

Jacob: Because Daddy’s been really rude to me a lot of times, so I’m not going to cuddle with him in the middle of the night any more.

Me: What did Daddy do?

Jacob: He always wants to play Batman the hard way instead of the easy way.

Me: What’s the hard way?

Jacob: With the bad guys stealing everything from Batman.

Me: What’s the easy way?

Jacob: With Batman stealing everything from the bad guys.

Me: Well, I understand why you have to take away cuddling in the middle of the night. How do you think Daddy is going to feel?

Jacob: Sad.

Me: I guess Daddy will just have to realize that sometimes there are consequences to actions, right?

Jacob: Uh huh.

Me: So what are you going to do if you wake up in the middle of the night?

Jacob: I’m just going to take a sip of water, look at a book, and go back to sleep.

Me: I think that’s a good idea.

Jacob: I’m glad you like my plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...