Monday, August 12, 2013

Dear Netflix, please update your category names

You've probably seen movies classified as comedies, dramas, action flicks, etc. Well, that's not the terminology we use in our household right now. Every day, Jacob is allowed to watch 30-60 minutes of television, usually in the form of a movie or TV show on Netflix. When it's time to choose what to watch, here is how our conversation usually goes:

"What one should I watch? New, old, or the same?" Jacob asks.

"How about the same?" I suggest.

It's worth noting at this point that I have no idea what "the same" means in terms of a movie category. Is it the movie we watched last time? Is it a movie that's not too new and not too old? How many movies fall under this category? I'm really not sure.

"Aww man, the same? Why?" Jacob asks.

"I don't know. How about new?"

"But we watched new last time."

"Okay, how about old."

"You can only pick one choice."

"You didn't like the first choice," I say. "Why don't you pick if you don't like it."

With a dramatic sigh, Jacob says, "Fine. We can watch the same."

So, Netflix, maybe take some notes here and update your movie categories. I'd really like to know what "the same" means.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...